Since 1980, Crystal McKenzie, Inc. (CMI) has created and managed marketing communications programs and projects for our clients. Whether it is communicating information using cutting-edge technology, using state-of-the-art creativity to influence and affect others, brand management skill-sets or cost-effective ideas that matter the most to you, the CMI team has what it takes to deliver your message.
CMI will help you get inside your key-stakeholder's minds.
What are their priorities? How can you link their needs and preferences with your objectives and capabilities?
Based on these answers, we'll work with you to create a solution that delivers everything your key stakeholder's want: information and services, advice and tools, immediacy and mobility.
Our strategic services areas are as follows:
- Strategic Services
- Corporate and brand identity
- Strategy and planning
- Corporate image and marketing
- Brand integration
- Social Media integration.
We have special insight into the capabilities and constraints of technology. That is why we specialize in packaging and delivering your brand in ways that make it more quickly understandable, accessible and appealing to the user. CMI provides recommendations relating to all key areas. Specific strategies are outlined in order to develop a pragmatic and usable blueprint for the project or program.
Our core services areas are as follows:
- Corporate Communications and Corporate Literature - including corporate promotion and annual reports
- Editorial Design - including newspapers, newsletters and magazines
- Marketing Research/Marketing Communications
- Environmental Graphic Design - including way-finding systems, building and retail Identities
- Interior and Exterior Signage Systems - including two- and three- dimensional design of space
- CAD Mapping and 3D Rendering
- Strategic Branding / Brand Identity and Package Design
- Corporate Identity - including visual identifiers, logotype, naming and trademarks
- Sales Promotion Communications - as an adjunct to advertising
- Website Development - including information architecture, interactive media, social media development and integration, Web 2.0 and Web.3.0
CMI solutions focus on the essential ingredients for success.
Success for our people means not just being full-service consultants, but entering into a partnership with your organization to provide the most cost-effective response to your needs. At our CMI Interactive Division, world class systems engineers, human-factors specialists, and visual designers collaborate in an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving driven by users' needs. Having worked on numerous diversified Interactive Web-based projects and programs in the past, our core services provide a sharper competitive edge for our clients.
To give our client's that competitive edge, we provide:
- User interface design
- Web design
- Structured brainstorming
- Graphic Usability
- Formal user studies
- Strategic product planning
- Design of information architecture
- Hardware and software prototyping
- Communication design
- Graphic Design of Brand Identity
CMI Exhibits Division was established in 1980 as one of the three divisions of Crystal McKenzie, Inc. CMI Exhibits Division manages annual conferences and events, trade show programs and projects, creates museum installations, exhibitions and visitor centers for our clients.
In 2009, we launched our digital event marketing property, INSPIOR.
To be successful, our clients often require marketing support before, during and after an event. From live presentations to special events, audio visual support and production - we've got answers. Conference and event managers everywhere are looking for ideas to simplify the time-consuming process of managing an annual conference program.
CMI Conference Services
- Pre/Post Conference Marketing, Interactive Conference Programs
- Installation & Dismantling Labor
- Two and Three-Dimensional Design of Space At CMI, we provide recommendations relating to all key areas.
Specific strategies are outlined in order to develop a pragmatic and usable blueprint for the conference program.
At CMI, we provide recommendations relating to all key areas. Specific strategies are outlined in order to develop a pragmatic and usable blueprint for the conference program.
We are grateful to the many customers that we've had the opportunity to do
business with over the last 30 years.
They are partially listed below:
Alice Sparberg Alexiou
Bovis Lend Lease
British Airways CCFL Chemung Valley History Museum
Clark Atlanta University
Columbia University in the City of New York
Corning Incorporated Corning Museum of Glass
General Services Administration
Girl Scouts of the USA
Glenn H. Curtiss Museum
Herrera Industries itzahitmusic
Johnson McLean Technologies
Metallo Tile & Stone
MBH Consulting Museum of the City of New York National Urban League
New-York Historical Society
NYC Landmarks Conservancy
NYC Office of the Public Advocate Peg Alston Fine Arts
Port Authority of NY / NJ
Private Industry Council
St. John Associates
St. John's University
U.S. Census Bureau